Nature Adventures Outfitters gives proceeds back to environmental organizations and causes amounting to thousands of dollars each year. Environmental organizations like the National Sierra Club ask us to lead their South Carolina tours. When you paddle with us you are helping to save the land and animals around us. See the list of organizations Nature Adventures Outfitters supports.
Here are just a few of the great reasons to let us be YOUR chosen outfitter!
- Master Naturalist, University Degreed and Bi-lingual Guides
- Certified ACA Coastal and River Kayak & SUP Instructors and Guides
- Recommended area Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure magazine
- "Outstanding Guide Services" by Canoe and Kayak magazine!
- Great reviews by Condé Nast Traveler
- Owner, Kathie Livingston, recognized by Post and Courier as a Paddling Conservationist and was honored by the South Carolina Nature Based Tourism Association for Outstanding Volunteer of the Year in 2012/2013
- Owner, Kathie Livingston, received the 2013-2014 Award for VIP Person of the year from the National Association of Professional Women for Outstanding Excellence and dedication to her profession and the Achievement of Women
- We are the largest and most contiguous permitted outfitter in the Francis Marion National Forest and also provide trips covering the waters surrounding the Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge, the Santee Coastal Reserve, Edisto River and the ACE Basin National Wildlife Refuge
- We were the outfitter chosen by Outward Bound to establish an At Youth Risk Program (Charleston Fins) for a 21 day expedition encompassing the waters in the Francis Marion National Forest and the Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge
- Nature Adventures has an Outstanding A+ rating in the State of South Carolina's Better Business Bureau and has maintained it yearly
- We are recognized by Trip Advisor with a certificate rating of Excellent
- We have a large repeat clientele network and provide environmental education curriculum based customized field trips
- Clemson University Youth Learning Institute – 13 years
- Penn State University – 11 years
- College of Charleston - 9 years
- College of Charleston Biology Club
- Charleston Southern University
- Girl and Boy Scouts of America, SC and NC – 15+ years
- Mt. Pleasant Recreation Area – 8 years
- YMCA of Charleston and Summerville - 5 years
- Several churches in the tri-county area for over 15 years
- Our Naturalist Guides and Instructors volunteer extensively for SCDNR, US Fish and Wildlife for Bird Survey, Turtle Rescue, Avian Conservation Birds of Prey Center, Keeper of the Wild, The Nature Conservancy, National Audubon and others
- We have hundreds of positive testimonials
- Nature Adventures has credentials and is permitted, licensed and insured to meet University, School and Scout standards
- We offer late model, Coast Guard inspected sea or recreational kayaks with or without rudders and carbon paddles
- We have the most experienced, knowledgeable guides in the industry with over 100 years of collective guide services
- We provide trips for the National PIA when they come to South Carolina
- We are chosen by Charleston County PRC to lead tours during their Annual Paddlesports Outdoor Festival
- Nature Adventures gives 10-20% of proceeds back to environmental organizations every year which adds up to thousands of dollars
- We sponsor annual benefit paddles for non profits including The Sewee Association, The Avian Conservation Center for Birds of Prey, National Audubon Society, Rein and Shine Therapeutic Riding Center, The National Multiple Sclerosis Society, SC DNR Coastal Bird projects, The Nature Conservancy and others
- We have established a local non profit called Kayak for the Kure for MS to benefit entities contributing to finding a cure for Multiple Sclerosis
- Our guides provide quality interpretation and have relics and artifacts for Environmental Education programs
- We have Level 1 through Level 4 Certified ACA Kayak and SUP Instructors with Adaptive Paddlling and Expedition Trip Leader Endorsements
- Our company provides free environmental education field trips for several area schools
- Nature Adventures owner, Kathie Livingston, is Chair of the Board of the SCPIA (South Carolina Paddlesports Industry Association); the past President of the SC Nature Based Tourism Association and still serves on the Board of Directors; current Vice President of the Bulls Bay Chamber of Commerce and founding member of the Histioric Passage and Chamber; current member of the Executive Committe of the SC Sierra Club; current board member of the Awendaw Regional Outreach Center serving underprivileged youth; past Chair of the Sewee to Santee Community Development Corporation, and serves on other humanitarian and environmental boards in the Charleston.
We are proud supporters and members of the following Environmental Organizations
- The Sierra Club - current Executive Committee member
- The Wilderness Society
- The Nature Conservancy
- National Audubon Society
- Defenders of Wildlife
- Paddlesports Industry Association (National)
- South Carolina Paddlesports Industry Association - current Board Chair of this organization
- South Carolina Coastal Conservation League
- East Cooper Land Trust
- The Sewee Environmental Education Association - Advisory Board Member
- Avian Conservation Center
- The Environmental Education Association of South Carolina
- South Carolina Nature Based Tourism Association - Current President of this organization
- East Cooper Land Trust
- Keeper of the Wild
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- US Forest Service
- Harry Hampton Foundation (SC DNR)
Other Organizations We Support:
- Special Olympics
- Kayak 4 the Kure for MS (Nature Adventures is the founder of this)
- American Cancer Society
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Several local and regional schools and churches in our area
- Colleges, universities and area camps
- Military Institutions
- Chase After a Cure
- Awendaw Community Outreach Center
- My Sister's House
- Sewee to Santee Community Development Corporation - Past Chair
- National and Regional Multiple Sclerosis Foundations and Organizations
My girlfriends and I chose Nature Adventure Outfitters to go kayaking and they were unbelievably wonderful!
To start, I wasn't supposed to go, so I didn't have proper shoes. They let me borrow some for free! And let us use their sun tan lotion! Who does that anymore?
The tour itself was outstanding. Tillman is a doll! Very knowledgeable, super nice, patient, and gave us a great ride!
We even saw dolphins!!!
Don't go anywhere else, trust me, this is the place to be!
Visited October 2015
A friend and I opted for a Thanksgiving three hour swamp kayak with John- our guide from Nature Adventures Outfitters- versus the more traditional approach to the day. What an amazing experience- the Wambaw Creek wilderness is a swamp- beautiful, vast, still, full of life. John was an expert guide providing all types of information on the delicate ecosystem that exists in the swamp...anyone will enjoy this experience. We were the only ones paddling along this creek. Birds and other wildlife were visible throughout the entire trip.
Visited November 2015
We had a great time on the 3-hour Wambaw Creek. Teresa was our guide and she was extremely knowledgeable about the wildlife and environment. I would highly recommend her as your guide.
Visited December 2015
Voted Best Place to Paddleboard in Mount Pleasant!