"Providing Nature Tours for the Preservation of the Environment"
Nature Adventures Outfitters, Inc. is committed to the conservation and preservation of our environment. All of our employees practice environmental stewardship policies and employ them during our tours and in their daily lives. We participate in environmental advocacy and attend meetings regularly.
It is our hope that every paddler, hiker and visitor to our area leaves with a greater understanding, education and appreciation for the environment and that they carry on a commitment to help other conservation organizations as well.
We give thousands of dollars to organizations each year. When you Paddle with us, you are helping to save the environment. We appreciate your support!
We are proud supporters and members of the following Environmental Organizations
- The Sierra Club
- The wilderness Society
- The Nature Conservancy
- National Audubon Society
- Defenders of Wildlife
- Paddlesports Industry Association (National)
- South Carolina Paddlesports Industry Association - Current board Chair of this organization
- South Carolina coastal Conservation League
- The Sewee Environmental Education Association (Advisory board Member)
- Avian Conservation Center
- The Environmental Education Association of South Carolina
- South Carolina Nature Based Tourism Association - Current President of this organization
- East Cooper Land Trust
- Keeper of the Wild
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- US Forest Service
- Harry Hampton Foundation - SC DNR
Other Organizations we support:
- Special Olympics
- American Cancer Society
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Several Local and Regional Schools and Churches in our area
- Colleges and Universities and area Camps
- Military Institutions
- My Sisters House
- Sewee to Santee Community Development Corporation - (Past Chair)
- National and Regional Multiple Sclerosis Foundations and Organizations
Our guides are preferred by Environmental Organizations for their expertise and accurate interpretation of the flora and fauna in our area. We provide guided Tour services and Instruction on a repeat basis and have provided tours for The Nature Conservancy, National Audubon Society, The wilderness Society, The Professional Paddlesports Association, South Carolina State Parks, The SC Native Plant Society, Clemson Youth Learning Institute, Elderhostel, College of Charleston, Penn State University, wilderness City Kids Washington DC program, Recreation Departments and many others.
Our Guides are University Degreed or are Certified Master Naturalist in Biology/Ecology and other related fields and dedicate their lives to the preservation of the environment. We participate in environmental advocacy issues on local, state and federal levels. Substantial contributions are made to Environmental Organizations and causes.
Other Certifications many of our guides hold: First Aid / CPR / Lifeguard, wilderness First Aid, wilderness First Responder, NOLS, Master Naturalist and more, ACA and BCU Certifications!
With unmatched interpretation of the plants, animals and wildlife in the Charleston South Carolina area, your Tour will be educational as well as recreational! Our guides are simply the best!